AP 100 - Division Three Year Education Plan
Planning in education is an essential part of ensuring that all students have equitable opportunities to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes they need to be self-reliant, responsible, caring and contributing citizens. Planning ensures resources for education are used in the best possible ways to meet the educational needs of Alberta’s students.
The division plan outlines priorities for student learning in the division, guides budget development and forms the basis for reporting on progress and achievement.
The division is required by Alberta Education to prepare a Three-Year Education Plan that aligns with the Alberta Education Three-Year Business Plan and focuses on student learning over a three (3) year period. Plans are updated annually so that, as one (1) year is completed and another is added, the plan continues in a three (3) year timeframe.
- A division Three-Year Education Plan that meets local needs and fulfils provincial accountability requirements shall be developed and implemented.
- The Three-Year Education Plan shall be kept current to ensure focused, efficient and effective change and improvements.
- The Three-Year Education Plan shall be updated annually with provision for ongoing input into the revision process by school administrators, school councils, parents, teachers, students and community stakeholders.
- Progress reports on the Three-Year Education Plan will be presented to the Board as deemed necessary.
- The Three-Year Education Plan shall contain local priorities and the elements required by the province, including all mandated student outcomes.
- The Three-Year Education Plan shall be consistent with the provincial funding framework.
- The Superintendent will:
- Submit the plan to the Board for approval generally at its regular November meeting;
- Ensure that the Three-Year Education Plan is submitted to Alberta Education in a form and at a time that meets requirements;
- Prepare a news release advertising the goal initiatives to be undertaken during the upcoming school year; and
- Make provision for distribution of the Three-Year Education Plan and its placement on the division website.
School Act, Section 60, 61, 78
School Authority Accountability Policy 2.1.1
Accountability in Education – Policy Framework, June 1995
Cross Reference: Policy 18 – Student Achievement