AP 101 - Division Annual Education Results Report
Reporting is an essential element of accountability, continuous improvement and effective governance in education. Annual reporting by school jurisdictions throughout Alberta is carried out within the provincial government’s Accountability Framework and Alberta Education’s Renewed Funding Framework. The division is required by Alberta Education to prepare an Annual Education Results Report (AERR), which provides a means by which the division can report the results of its educational program to the public and to Alberta Education.
- An Annual Education Results Report shall be produced to provide information to the public on progress towards achieving the goals and results identified in the division Education Plan. Simplicity, clarity and candor will be stressed.
- The Annual Education Results Report shall contain the results of mandatory and optional measures gathered through the year from such activities as ongoing reviews, evaluations, surveys, planning sessions and workshops. Required elements include, but are not limited to, all provincially-mandated student outcomes.
- The Annual Education Results Report shall be a foundation document in developing the division Education Plan and identifying strategies for affecting improvements.
- The format for reporting mandatory measures shall comply with standards specified by Alberta Education.
- The format for reporting optional measures and additional information in the division Annual Education Results Report will be determined by the Superintendent.
- The Superintendent will:
- Prepare an Annual Education Results Report for Board approval at or before its regular November meeting; and
- Submit the Annual Education Results Report to Alberta Education in a form and at a time that meets requirements.
- The Annual Education Results Report shall be made available to the public in a special report format.
Section 60, 61, 78, School Act
School Authority Accountability Policy 2.1.1
Accountability in Education – Policy Framework, June 1995
Cross Reference: Policy 18 – Student Achievement