AP 102 - 3 Year School Education Plan
Collaborative school planning and reporting are integral components of school jurisdiction, planning and school development.
- All plans and results reports must satisfy requirements outlined in the Policy and Requirements for School Board Planning and Results Reporting. (April 2013). Required elements include, but are not limited to, all provincially mandated student outcomes.
- 3 Year School Education Plans must be prepared by the principal in collaboration with staff, school council and, where appropriate, students. They must also be aligned with the division’s plan and are to be completed and submitted in digital copy to the Superintendent by October 30th of each year. Current School Education Plans must be posted on the school website.
- 3 Year School Education Plans will include:
- mission and vision
- school goals (using the divisional template)
- Data Analysis:
- Provincial Achievement Test (PAT) complete the 5 year table template including acceptable, excellence and below acceptable standard trends.
- Diploma results complete the Diploma Exam Average Scores Five Year Trends template.
- Complete the Principal Questions for School Goals
- October Accountability Pillar Overall Summary
- Site professional development plan for all site-based days
- Palliser School Goals Principal Reflection Rubric (reviewed in spring meeting)
- Meetings reviewing school goals and the 3 Year School Education Plan will be held in the fall of each year and involve Central Office staff as well as school administrator(s).
- Meetings reviewing school-based data, provincial accountability pillar and the reflection rubric will be held in the spring and involve Central Office staff as well as school administrator(s).
- At the discretion of the Superintendent, two professional development days will be dedicated to school-based staff analyzing provincial measures: Diploma and Provincial Achievement data in the fall and Accountability Pillar data in the spring.
Accountability in Education Policy Framework, School Authority Accountability Policy 2.1.1
Policy and Requirements for School Board Planning and Results Reporting
Cross Reference: Policy 18 – Student Achievement
Administrative Procedure 363 – Achievement Test and Diploma Examination Analysis