Administrative Procedure 305
AP 305 - School Attendance Areas and Student Transportation
In order to assist in the efficient operation of the division and the optimal utilization of school facilities, school attendance boundaries may be established.
- Transportation will be provided to all resident students in Kindergarten to Grade 12 inclusive, in accordance to Policy 19 - Student Transportation.
- The Division shall operate a Student Transportation Services department under the direction of the Transportation Services Supervisor.
- Where school attendance boundaries have been established, a student shall be required to attend the school designated for that area.
- Changes to school attendance boundaries will come into effect prior to September 30 in any given year.
- In individual cases where it appears to be in the interests of the student or the school or both, the Superintendent may approve a student's transfer to another school.
- Transportation will be provided or arranged for where the Superintendent or designate directs a student to attend a particular program or school within its jurisdiction, in accordance with Sections 51 and 52 of the School Act.
- When a student is admitted into a division school outside of his/her designated attendance area, bus transportation will be provided in accordance with Policy 19 - section 2.
School Act, Section 13, 44, 45, 51, 52, 60
Student Transportation Regulation 250/98 (amended 197/2000)
Cross Reference: Policy 19 - Student Transportation
Forms: See Transportation Section of Forms Manual