AP 312 - Safety Programs
A planned safety program is required in division schools and worksites to ensure a safe environment for all personnel and students. Accident prevention and safety procedures in the division will therefore to be designed to:
- Enable students and staff to correctly identify hazards, assess risks, and make and implement appropriate decisions;
- Develop a sense of personal worth, respect for life and property, and an ability to cooperate towards achieving a safer society;
- Provide opportunities to practice safe procedures; and
- Lower the frequency and severity of accidents which occur to individuals of all age groups.
Site administrators in the division shall develop and implement a safety program which will include:
- Compliance with all provincial and federal laws, rules and regulations;
- Provisions for safety instruction, school facility safety, safety in transportation and traffic control; and
- Communications among staff, students, parents, community officials and the media, and designated safety personnel.
School Act, Section 45
Crisis Response Manual
Occupational Health and Safety Act