AP 501 - Budget Implementation
The implementation of the division and school budgets is an administrative responsibility as outlined in the following procedures.
- The division budget shall be implemented in accordance with division administrative procedures.
- Division-level Directors, department supervisors, and school-level principals are responsible to the Superintendent for the implementation of their approved decentralized mini-budgets.
- The Secretary-Treasurer shall maintain a financial monitoring system and generate required financial reports to keep the Board and division administrators informed about the status of the division and decentralized mini-budgets.
- The Superintendent will provide, at a minimum, quarterly reports to the Board concerning the status of the division’s revenues and expenditures.
- The Secretary-Treasurer shall ensure acceptable accounting and auditing procedures are utilized for both division and school-based accounts.
- The Superintendent will review and make recommended adjustments to the budget according to the actual September 30 enrolment, following development by the Secretary-Treasurer.
- Annual site budget surpluses/deficits will be carried forward to the subsequent year.
- The Secretary-Treasurer will provide monthly reports to the province concerning the status of the decisions revenues and expenditures.
School Act, Section 60, 78, 147
Cross Reference: Policy 2 – Role of the Board
Policy 12 – Role of the Superintendent/CEO
Administrative Procedure 500 – Annual Budget Development Process
Updated: March 2017