AP 515 - Property Disposal
The Superintendent or designate is authorized to dispose of books, computers and computer equipment, furniture and other equipment classified as obsolete, unserviceable or surplus.
- Books classified as obsolete or unserviceable shall be disposed of only after all possible uses for them within the system have been exhausted. Such books may be donated to charitable organizations for educational purposes. Any remaining books shall be disposed of at minimal costs to the division.
- Computers and computer equipment, furnishings and other equipment deemed to be obsolete will be subject to the following:
- Firstly, advertised internally and transferred to other schools within the system;
- Secondly, either:
- Advertised externally and sold to the person submitting the highest tender;
- Donated to charitable organizations; or
- Sold to or otherwise disposed of through recycling firms or organizations;
- Thirdly, disposed of at minimal costs to the division.
- Fourthly, software can only be included with computer equipment leaving the system if the specific software license agreement so allows. All of the files must be removed before disposal.
- All books, computers and computer equipment, furnishings and used equipment shall be sold on an "as is" and "where is" basis.
School Act, Section 200
Updated: March 2017