Administrative Procedure 557
AP 557 - Community Bus Operations
The division will provide a school bus, to be known as the “community bus,” for the use of all non-profit, community-oriented organizations within the boundaries of Palliser Regional Schools.
- The organization applying (individuals are not eligible) must be a non-profit, community-oriented organization.
- Private organizations/groups are not eligible.
- All drivers must be regular school bus drivers in Palliser Regional Schools or be on the approved division spare drivers’ list. There will be no exceptions.
- Booking Procedures
- The community bus will be booked on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The booking of the community bus may be initiated through the Transportation Services Supervisor.
- The Community Bus Transportation Application and Permit Form (available from the Transportation Services Department) must be completed and returned to the Transportation Services Supervisor a minimum of twenty-four (24) hours prior to the use of the community bus.
- User’s Responsibility
- The person who signs the Community Bus Transportation Application and Permit form is responsible for making arrangements to pick up and return the bus keys and the completed form.
- The community organization is responsible for making driver arrangements, and these arrangements must be approved by the Transportation Supervisor at least one (1) day prior to the date of departure.
- The driver is responsible for completing the Driver’s Log Book during the trip and the lower portion of the Community Bus Transportation Application and Permit form at the end of the trip.
- The bus must be returned in a neat, clean and undamaged condition. Any damage to the interior or exterior of the bus will be charged back to the community organization at the actual cost of the repair. If the bus is not cleaned, a one hundred dollar ($100) cleaning charge will be added to the total rental fee.
- Any organization which fails to pay either damage or operating costs due within sixty (60) days of the date of the trip to Palliser Regional Schools as a result of using the community bus will lose its privilege of renting the community bus for one (1) year.
- If fuel must be purchased during the trip, receipts must be submitted with the return of the Community Bus Transportation Application and Permit form, and the total rental charge to the community organization will be reduced by an equal amount, as the rental charge includes the cost of fuel.
- The charges for renting the community bus will be established annually by the division.
School Act, Section 51, 60
Forms: Community Bus Transportation Application and Permit