FULL-TIME TEMPORARY SUMMER MAINTENANCE LABOURERS - VULCAN FACILITIES SHOP
Location: Vulcan Facilities Shop
Competition #: 13019
Open To: Both internal and external candidates
Date Posted: March 25th, 2021
Closing Date: April 20th, 2021 - 2:00pm
Job Start Date: April 26th, 2021
Job End Date: September 3rd, 2021
Palliser School Division is a public school jurisdiction located in southern Alberta. The geographical area stretches from just south of Lethbridge to the Bow River south of Calgary. Palliser Centre houses the Central Office Administration, Maintenance and Transportation and is located in the City of Lethbridge. The division offers full public education services to approximately 8600 students ECS through Grade 12 in 50 schools, including 2 alternative Low-German Mennonite programs, 10 alternative Faith-based schools, 17 Hutterite colony schools, Palliser Beyond Borders, the Calgary Islamic School (Akram Jomaa Campus, Omar Bin Al-Khattab Campus, and Horizon Leadership Academy) and the Palliser Alternative Outreach School in Calgary. Nine of Palliser’s alternative faith-based schools are located in the City of Calgary.
Palliser’s approved operating budget for the 2020/21 school year is 93.5 M. The division prides itself on a history of excellence in education, strong community support, proactive planning and, most importantly, high student achievement.
Palliser Regional Schools invites applications for Temporary, Full-Time Summer Maintenance Labourers (40 hours per week) at our Vulcan Facilities Shop, Vulcan, AB. These are temporary positions from April 26, 2021, to September 3, 2021 (start and end dates are negotiable). Preference will be given to post-secondary students.
Position duties will included:
- Assist in providing lawn care;
- Assist in providing care and maintenance to all flowers and plants (seasonal and annual);
- Assist in picking up garbage at sites;
- Assist in sweeping sidewalks;
- Follow all health & safety regulations, including wearing appropriate protective equipment;
- Operate motorized equipment (gators, quads, trucks, trimmers, lawn mowers);
- Assist Maintenance Staff;
- Complete work directives as required;
- Complete time cards with hours worked;
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs is a requirement of the position.
Eligible applicants must have the following:
- Be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or protected person under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and legally entitled to work and study in Canada;
- Reside in Alberta with an Alberta address;
- Are students currently enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary program
- Are available for full-time summer employment;
- Are not currently employed in the organization;
- The candidate must be able to work Monday to Friday, from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM;
- Travel is required (vehicle provided). A valid driver’s license with a clean abstract is required.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their documents through the “Human Resources” page of the Palliser Regional Schools website at:
The following attachments should accompany the online submission:
- Cover letter directed to Lloyd Boody, Director of Human Resources;
- Resume summarizing training and experience;
- Minimum of three references.
The successful applicants hired will be required to provide a recent Criminal Record Check (completed within the past 3 months) including the vulnerable sector as a condition of employment.
Applications accepted until April 20, 2021, 2:00 p.m.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact:
Rod Swartzenberger, Facility Services Supervisor at the Palliser Education Center:
Any questions regarding the application process should be directed to Marliss Norlin, Executive Assistant, Human Resource Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Positions in Central Office and school caretaking