TEMPORARY FULL-TIME LEARNING SERVICES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Location: Palliser Education Center
Competition #: 13043
Open To: Both internal and external candidates
Date Posted: April 7th, 2021
Closing Date: April 21st, 2021 - 2:00pm
Job Start Date: April 26th, 2021
Job End Date: August 24th, 2021
Palliser School Division is a public school jurisdiction located in southern Alberta. The geographical area stretches from just south of Lethbridge to the Bow River south of Calgary. Palliser Centre houses the Central Office Administration, Maintenance and Transportation and is located in the City of Lethbridge. The division offers full public education services to approximately 8600 students ECS through Grade 12 in 50 schools, including 2 alternative Low-German Mennonite programs, 10 alternative Faith-based schools, 17 Hutterite colony schools, Palliser Beyond Borders, the Calgary Islamic School (Akram Jomaa Campus, Omar Bin Al-Khattab Campus, and Horizon Leadership Academy) and the Palliser Alternative Outreach School in Calgary. Nine of Palliser’s alternative faith-based schools are located in the City of Calgary.
Palliser’s approved operating budget for the 2021/22 school year is 85 M. The division prides itself on a history of excellence in education, strong community support, proactive planning and, most importantly, high student achievement.
The Learning Services Administrative Assistant, an integral member of the Learning Services support team, will work under the direct supervision of the Associate Superintendent, Learning Services. The Learning Support Administrative Assistant’s specific responsibilities will be identified, using this list as a guide, by the Associate Superintendent of Learning Services based on staff needs in the Learning Services department.
This temporary full-time position will start April 26, 2021, until August 24, 2021, or the return of the incumbent.
- Minimum Training & Experience: Senior High School Diploma or equivalent required. The incumbent shall display good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Post secondary education would be an asset;
- Desired Training & Experience; A working knowledge of FAME, PASI, PowerSchool and SRB software will be required. The position will also require proficiency with Google for Education, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills, are required.
Desirable Traits & Attitudes:
- A positive attitude toward the job, school, students, staff and Board;
- Conducts oneself in a professional and ethical manner;
- Maintains confidentiality;
- Works independently and uses time effectively;
- Works with frequent interruptions and adapts to changing circumstances;
- Shows initiative but is also willing to take/follow direction;
- Works within the procedures and processes within the department and the jurisdiction;
- Dresses appropriately for a work setting; and
- Works cooperatively with others.
The Learning Services Administrative Assistant:
- Maintains confidentiality of all the Palliser School Division-related information;
- Respects the dignity and rights of co-workers and students;
- Abides by school district policies, school rules and standards in all areas;
- Demonstrates punctuality and appropriate dress.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their documents through the “Human Resources” link on The Palliser School Division website at:
The following attachments should accompany the online submission:
- Cover letter directed to Tom Hamer, Associate Superintendent (Learning Services);
- Resume summarizing training and experience;
- Copy of your most recent evaluation;
- Minimum of three professional references.
The successful applicant hired will be required to provide a recent Criminal Record Check (completed within the past 3 months) including the vulnerable sector as a condition of employment.
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate pool is found; however, applications received on or before April 21, 2021, are assured careful consideration.
Any questions regarding the application process should be directed to Tom Hamer, Associate Superintendent, Learning Services, at email@example.com.
In the event you require assistant with making application, please contact Marliss Norlin, Executive Assistant, HR, at (403) 328-4111 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.