FULL-TIME TERM ELEMENTARY VICE-PRINCIPAL - TRINITY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
Location: Trinity Christian School, Calgary
Competition #: 13057
Open To: Both internal and external candidates
Date Posted: April 22nd, 2021
Closing Date: May 14th, 2021 - 2:00pm
Job Start Date: August 25th, 2021
Palliser School Division is a public school jurisdiction located in southern Alberta. The geographical area stretches from just south of Lethbridge to the Bow River south of Calgary. Palliser Centre houses the Central Office Administration, Maintenance and Transportation and is located in the City of Lethbridge. The division offers full public education services to approximately 8600 students ECS through Grade 12 in 50 schools, including 2 alternative Low-German Mennonite programs, 10 alternative Faith-based schools, 17 Hutterite colony schools, Palliser Beyond Borders, the Calgary Islamic School (Akram Jomaa Campus, Omar Bin Al-Khattab Campus, and Horizon Leadership Academy) and the Palliser Alternative Outreach School in Calgary. Nine of Palliser’s alternative faith-based schools are located in the City of Calgary.
Palliser’s approved operating budget for the 2021/22 school year is 85 M. The division prides itself on a history of excellence in education, strong community support, proactive planning and, most importantly, high student achievement.
Applications are invited from individuals interested in serving as the Elementary Vice-Principal of Trinity Christian School on a Full-Time Term basis commencing August 25, 2021. The term may be extended beyond the 2021/22 school year. This assignment will be for the elementary school division.
Trinity Christian School serves approximately 409 students from Grades K to 9 and is located in the southeastern part of the City of Calgary. Trinity Christian School has a school community committed to supporting student learning.
For More Information please visit the Trinity Christian School Website at:
As a member of the Superintendent's Leadership Team, the successful candidate will be a highly motivated educator possessing the following characteristics:
- Demonstrated experience as a very successful teacher;
- Proven experience and training in early literacy;
- Proven ability as an effective educational leader and school-based administrator;
- A collaborative, team-oriented leadership style required in dealings with staff, the school council, school-based administrators, Central Office administration and the Board of Trustees;
- Demonstrated ability to foster a student-centered school through the development of positive relationships with students and staff, organization and initiation of effective school programs and the maintenance of a positive school climate;
- Well-developed and positive interpersonal communication and organizational skills and abilities;
- Successful experience developing and extending community partnerships and involving parents and the community in school programs, activities and services;
- Knowledge and experience regarding instructional leadership, including supervision and evaluation practices and methods, and technology;
- Knowledge in the area of resource;
- Familiarity with current trends, initiatives and directions relating to curriculum, technology, learning styles and student assessment; and
- Post-graduate training in the areas of administration, leadership or instruction is considered an asset. Minimum of Bachelor of Education Degree and valid Alberta teaching certificate are required.
To support the Faith-Based Vision of the school and the society, the Vice-Principal should also possess:
- A commitment to Christian education and the ability to challenge staff and students to Christian learning and living;
- An ability to lead in the establishment and maintenance of a wholesome, spiritual, emotional and professional atmosphere which characterizes the school as a Christian school.
- An ability to provide leadership for the advancement of Christian education by articulating an educational vision to the school staff, to the Society, and to the general Christian community and local churches.
- The ability to partner with the Society in upholding its Mission and Vision.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their documents through the “Human Resources” link on The Palliser School Division website at:
The following attachments should accompany the online submission:
- Cover letter directed to Audrey Kluin, Associate Superintendent (Human Resources);
- Resume summarizing training and experience;
- Copy of your most recent evaluation;
- Minimum of three professional references.
The successful applicant hired will be required to provide a recent Criminal Record Check (completed within the past 3 months) including the vulnerable sector as a condition of employment.
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate pool is found; however, applications received on or before May 14, 2021, are assured careful consideration.
Any questions regarding the specific posting should be directed to Audrey Kluin, Associate Superintendent, Human Resource Services, at email@example.com.
In the event you require assistance with making an application, please contact Marliss Norlin, Executive Assistant, HR, at (403) 328-4111 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Central Office administration, principals and vice-principals