SUBSTITUTE TEACHING - CALGARY (Islamic faith-based schools)
Substitute Teaching/Casual Support
Competition #: 13086
Open To: Both internal and external candidates
Date Posted: April 29th, 2021
Closing Date: June 29th, 2021 - 2:00pm
Job Start Date: April 29th, 2021
Job End Date: June 29th, 2021
Palliser School Division invites applications for Substitute Teachers in our Islamic faith-based alternative programs in Calgary. Please apply to this position location if you would like to substitute teach.
Calgary Islamic faith-based schools list:
- Akram Jomaa Campus
- Omar Bin Al-Khattab Campus
- Horizon Leadership Academy
The following attachments should accompany the online submission:
- Cover letter directed to Mr. Lloyd Boody, Director, Human Resources Services;
- Resume summarizing training and experience;
- Copy of your valid Alberta Teaching Certificate;
- Copy of your most recent evaluation (if unable to provide evaluation, please indicate in your cover letter the reason why);
- Minimum of three professional references including phone numbers and email addresses for each;
- While there is no specific faith-requirement to work as a substitute teacher in our Islamic faith-based alternative programs, applicants are expected to honour and respect the faith-based programming of these schools in their professional practice and interactions with staff, students, and the community.
If you are successful in your application, you will be required to provide a recent Criminal Record Check (completed within the past 3 months) including the vulnerable sector as a condition of employment. You must provide a paper copy (not digital) of your completed CRC once received.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact: Lloyd Boody, Director of Human Resources Services at email@example.com.
Any questions regarding the application process should be directed to Marliss Norlin, Executive Assistant, Human Resource Services by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY - are available as a download on the Career Opportunity page of our website.