FULL-TIME PRINCIPAL – CARMANGAY SCHOOL
Location: Carmangay School
Competition #: 13265
Open To: Both internal and external candidates
Date Posted: June 2nd, 2021
Closing Date: June 16th, 2021 - 2:00pm
Job Start Date: August 25th, 2021
Job End Date: June 29th, 2022
Palliser School Division is a public school jurisdiction located in southern Alberta. The geographical area stretches from just south of Lethbridge to the Bow River south of Calgary. Palliser Centre houses the Central Office Administration, Maintenance and Transportation and is located in the City of Lethbridge. The division offers full public education services to approximately 8600 students ECS through Grade 12 in 51 schools. This includes 4 alternative Low-German Mennonite programs, 10 alternative Faith-based schools, 17 Hutterite Colony schools, Palliser Beyond Borders, the Calgary Islamic Schools (Akram Jomaa Campus and Omar Bin Al-Khattab Campus), Horizon Leadership Academy, Palliser Alternative Outreach School and the National Sport School in Calgary. Palliser’s alternative faith-based schools are primarily located in the City of Calgary.
Palliser’s approved operating budget for the 2020/21 school year is 93.5 M. The division prides itself on a history of excellence in education, strong community support, proactive planning and, most importantly, high student achievement.
Applications are invited from individuals interested in serving as the Principal of Carmangay School on a Full-Time Term basis commencing August 25, 2021, to June 29, 2022. The term may be extended beyond the 2021/22 school year following a successful evaluation.
Carmangay School supports approximately 80 students from grades 7-12. The Village of Carmangay is located 81 km North of the City of Lethbridge and is a friendly community committed to supporting its local schools.
For more information about Carmangay School, please visit the school website at:
As a member of the Superintendent's Leadership Team, the successful candidate will be a highly motivated educator possessing the following characteristics:
- Demonstrated experience as a very successful teacher;
- Proven ability as an effective educational leader and school-based administrator;
- A collaborative, team-oriented leadership style required in dealings with staff, the school council, school-based administrators, Central Office administration and the Board of Trustees;
- Demonstrated ability to foster a student-centered school through the development of positive relationships with students and staff, organization and initiation of effective school programs and the maintenance of a positive school climate;
- Well-developed and positive interpersonal communication and organizational skills and abilities;
- Successful experience developing and extending community partnerships and involving parents and the community in school programs, activities and services;
- Knowledge and experience regarding instructional leadership, including supervision and evaluation practices and methods, and technology;
- Knowledge in the area of resource;
- Familiarity with current trends, initiatives and directions relating to curriculum, technology, learning styles and student assessment; and
- Post-graduate training in the areas of administration, leadership or instruction is considered an asset. Minimum of Bachelor of Education Degree and valid Alberta teaching certificate are required.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their documents through the “Human Resources” link on The Palliser School Division website at:
The following attachments should accompany the online submission:
- Cover letter directed to Audrey Kluin, Associate Superintendent (Human Resources);
- Resume summarizing training and experience;
- Copy of your most recent evaluation;
- Minimum of three professional references.
The successful applicant hired will be required to provide a recent Criminal Record Check (completed within the past 3 months) including the vulnerable sector as a condition of employment.
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate pool is found; however, applications received on or before June 16, 2021, are assured careful consideration.
Any questions regarding the application process should be directed to Audrey Kluin, Associate Superintendent, Human Resource Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event you require assistant with making application, please contact Marliss Norlin, Executive Assistant, HR, at (403) 328-4111 or by email at email@example.com.
We thank all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Central Office administration, principals and vice-principals