FULL-TIME PRINCIPAL - PALLISER BEYOND BORDERS (PBB)
Location: Palliser Beyond Borders
Competition #: 13289
Open To: Both internal and external candidates
Date Posted: June 4th, 2021
Closing Date: June 16th, 2021 - 2:00pm
Job Start Date: August 25th, 2021
Job End Date: June 29th, 2022
Principal of Palliser Beyond Borders (PBB)
This is a full-time position commencing with the start of the 2021-22 school year. Palliser Beyond Borders, a Grade 1-12 school, has three main campuses located in the Coaldale, Vulcan, and Calgary areas. PBB provides a flexible and adaptive learning environment where every student can choose what, when and how they want to learn. The Principal of Palliser Beyond Borders will oversee online Programming grades 1-12 as well as Home Education.
The successful candidate will possess strong leadership skills, be well versed in authentic learning strategies, and an understanding of inclusive, learner-centered environments. Candidates should have a strong working knowledge of alternate delivery models of education and possess a strong technology background. Proven organizational skills and the ability to work in a team will be strong assets in this position.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Creating, preparing, and monitoring the budgets for Online Learning and Traditional Home Education.
- Oversee the staff assigned to PBB Online Learning.
- Oversee the Traditional Home Education program.
- Provide Instructional Leadership to promote high-quality teaching and learning for teachers assigned to Palliser Beyond Borders.
- Ensure Professional Development opportunities for staff.
- Explore and develop innovative programming options to serve student needs.
- Ensure appropriate assessment practices are utilized in Palliser Beyond Border programs.
- Engage stakeholders to determine the strengths and gaps of our current programs.
- Working collaboratively with the Superintendent or Designate and completing duties as assigned by the senior leadership team.
- Implementing the Teacher Growth, Supervision, and Evaluation Policy.
- Facilitating inclusive educational practices to maximize educational opportunities for all students.
- Adhering to provincial legislation, board policy, and division administrative procedures.
- Managing school operations and finances.
- Modeling commitment to professional development.
- Establishing a student-centered timetable to optimize student learning opportunities.
- Promoting and engaging in positive and supportive relationships between the school, community, and interagency partners.
- Working collaboratively with division office staff, the Palliser administrative team and staff, students, and the school community to achieve the goals of the school and the division.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Possess a valid Alberta Teaching Certificate
- Possess or be eligible to achieve the Alberta Leadership Quality Standards Certificate
- Previous online teaching and administrative experiences are an asset
- A strong background in leadership skills and effective digital instructional practices
Interested candidates are asked to submit their documents through the “Human Resources” link on The Palliser School Division website at: http://www.pallisersd.ab.ca/hr/career-opportunities
The following attachments should accompany the online submission:
- Cover letter directed to Jason Kupery, Director of Learning;
- Resume summarizing training and experience;
- Copy of your most recent evaluation;
- Minimum of three professional references.
The successful applicant hired will be required to provide a recent Criminal Record Check (completed within the past 3 months) including the vulnerable sector as a condition of employment.
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate pool is found; however, applications received on or before June 16, 2021, are assured careful consideration.
Any questions regarding the application process should be directed to Jason Kupery, Director of Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event you require assistance with making an application, please contact Marliss Norlin, Executive Assistant, HR, at (403) 328-4111 or by email at email@example.com.
We thank all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Central Office administration, principals and vice-principals