CLINICAL TEAM LEAD - PALLISER EDUCATION CENTER
Location: Palliser Education Center
Competition #: 13338
Open To: Both internal and external candidates
Date Posted: June 10th, 2021
Closing Date: June 24th, 2021 - 2:00pm
Job Start Date: August 25th, 2021
Job End Date: June 30th, 2022
Palliser School Division is a public school jurisdiction located in southern Alberta. The geographical area stretches from just south of Lethbridge to the Bow River south of Calgary. Palliser Centre houses the Central Office Administration, Maintenance and Transportation and is located in the City of Lethbridge. The division offers full public education services to approximately 8600 students ECS through Grade 12 in 51 schools. This includes 4 alternative Low-German Mennonite programs, 10 alternative Faith-based schools, 17 Hutterite Colony schools, Palliser Beyond Borders, the Calgary Islamic Schools (Akram Jomaa Campus and Omar Bin Al-Khattab Campus), Horizon Leadership Academy, Palliser Alternative Outreach School and the National Sport School in Calgary. Palliser’s alternative faith-based schools are primarily located in the City of Calgary
Palliser School Division invites applications for a Full-Time Clinical Team Lead commencing for the 2021-2022 school year. Starting date for this exciting and rewarding position will be flexible based on an agreement between the successful applicant and the Palliser School Division. The successful applicant will be based at the Palliser Central Office in Lethbridge but will require visits to school sites on a regular basis.
The Clinical Team Leader is responsible for leading a diverse team, specifically, roles related to Mental Health support. This leader’s position will oversee school-based Counselors and Making Connection Workers. The Clinical Team Leader will work in collaboration with the School-Based Team, Division Learning Services Team, and community agencies to assist in the development and implementation of support for students and classrooms. Involving a collaborative approach, a continuum of preventive, developmental, remedial and intervention services are provided to students to support learning and emotional well-being.
As supervisor of the Family School Liaison Counseling team, the Clinical Team Leader will be responsible for coordinating the threat assessment protocol, provide crisis response, direct student counselling as required and develop a long term sustainable vision for mental wellness and support in the Palliser School Division. Working in conjunction with community agencies and the Palliser team, the Clinical Team Leader will ensure supports are available to students and families throughout the division.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A Registered Psychologist (or working towards) OR possess a Master’s degree in psychology or a counselling related discipline;
- Eligible for registration with the College of Alberta Psychologists (CAP) or Social Work (ACSW)
- Experienced in supporting groups with visionary leadership;
- Articulate in a research-informed approach to counselling children, youth and families;
- Able to articulate a strong grasp of staff roles and responsibilities, as well as types of challenges common to students in school settings, K-12;
- Strongly grounded and knowledgeable of the ethical guidelines and codes guiding the counselling profession;
- Able to organize and prioritize work;
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills;
- A strong ethic of caring and service.
- Experience implementing consistent therapeutic and counselling modalities;
- Experience providing consultation and/or clinical supervision to other counselling professionals or staff is an asset
- Experience supporting parents and families;
- Networking with community agencies and supports;
- Visionary leadership, work independently and as part of a team;
- Experience working within elementary and secondary school contexts is an asset.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their documents through the “Human Resources” page of the Palliser Regional Schools website at:
The following attachments should accompany the online submission:
- Cover letter directed to Mr. Shane Cranston, Director of Learning
- Resume summarizing training and experience;
- Minimum of three professional references.
The successful applicant hired will be required to provide a recent Criminal Record Check/Child Intervention Check (completed within the past 3 months) as a condition of employment.
The competition will remain open for application until a suitable candidate pool is found.
We thank all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Central Office administration, principals and vice-principals