FULL-TIME VICE-PRINCIPAL – KATE ANDREWS HIGH SCHOOL
Location: Kate Andrews High School, Coaldale
Competition #: 13420
Open To: Both internal and external candidates
Date Posted: June 23rd, 2021
Closing Date: August 9th, 2021 - 2:00pm
Job Start Date: August 25th, 2021
Job End Date: June 29th, 2022
Palliser School Division is currently seeking a candidate who is an enthusiastic, flexible, energetic team player. Applications are invited from individuals interested in serving as the Vice-Principal of Kate Andrews High School on a Full-Time basis commencing August 25, 2021. The successful candidate will have dynamic, student-focused leadership values and will be dedicated to excellence in student achievement in all areas of education. The assignment may be extended beyond the 2021/22 school year following a successful evaluation.
Kate Andrews High School (Grades 9-12, approximately 343 students) is located in the Town of Coaldale and is committed to supporting student learning. Kate Andrews High School motto is In Pursuit of Excellence and the mission statement reads ‘Educating students in a caring environment that challenges each to find academic and personal success.’
For more information about the school, please visit the Kate Andrews High School website at:
As a member of the Superintendent's Leadership Team, the successful candidate will be a highly motivated educator possessing the following characteristics:
- Demonstrated experience as a very successful teacher;
- Proven ability as an effective educational leader and school-based administrator;
- A collaborative, team-oriented leadership style required in dealings with staff, the school council, school-based administrators, Central Office administration and the Board of Trustees;
- Demonstrated ability to foster a student-centered school through the development of positive relationships with students and staff, organization and initiation of effective school programs and the maintenance of a positive school climate;
- Well-developed and positive interpersonal communication and organizational skills and abilities;
- Experience in Inclusive Education and Learning Support;
- Successful experience developing and extending community partnerships and involving parents and the community in school programs, activities and services;
- Knowledge and experience regarding instructional leadership, including supervision and evaluation practices and methods, and technology;
- Knowledge in the area of resource;
- Familiarity with current trends, initiatives and directions relating to curriculum, technology, learning styles and student assessment; and
- Post-graduate training in the areas of administration, leadership or instruction is considered an asset. Minimum of Bachelor of Education Degree and valid Alberta teaching certificate are required.
Interested candidates are asked to submit their documents through the “Human Resources” link on The Palliser School Division website at:
The following attachments should accompany the online submission:
- Cover letter directed to Daniel Grimes, Principal, Kate Andrews High School;
- Resume summarizing training and experience;
- Copy of your most recent evaluation;
- Copy of your valid Alberta Teaching Certificate;
- Minimum of three professional references.
The successful applicant hired will be required to provide a recent Criminal Record Check (completed within the past 3 months) including the vulnerable sector as a condition of employment.
The competition will remain open until a satisfactory candidate pool is found, however, applications received on or before 2:00 pm, June 30, 2021, will be given careful consideration.
Any questions regarding the specific posting should be directed to Daniel Grimes, Principal, Kate Andrews High School, at email@example.com.
Any questions regarding the application process should be directed to Marliss Norlin, Executive Assistant, Human Resource Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Central Office administration, principals and vice-principals