PART-TIME TEMPORARY EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT – PICTURE BUTTE HIGH SCHOOL (REPOST)
Location: Picture Butte High School, Picture Butte
Competition #: 14090
Open To: Both internal and external candidates
Date Posted: January 14th, 2022
Closing Date: Open Ended
Job Start Date: January 31st, 2022
Job End Date: June 29th, 2022
Palliser School Division invites applications for a Full-Time Temporary Educational Assistant at Picture Butte High School commencing at a time that is acceptable for both employee and division. Contract end date is slated for June 29, 2022, or return of the incumbent.
The successful applicant will work one on one with a student with complex special needs in a school and community setting. Preference will be given to individuals with relevant education or experience, or equivalent education and experience working with complex needs youth in a school environment.
Successful applicants will possess the following characteristics:
- Flexible, patient and empathetic;
- Relevant training and experience supporting children in a school setting and will work with small and large groups of students as well as one on one under the direction of the teacher.
- Class 4 Drivers License.
Picture Butte High School serves approximately 145 students from Grades 7 to 12 and is located approximately 20 km north of the City of Lethbridge. The Town of Picture Butte has an approximate population of 1658 people and is a friendly community committed to supporting its local schools.
For more information about the school please visit the Picture Butte High School website at: http://pbhs.ca/
The following attachments should accompany the online submission:
- Cover letter directed to Mark Lowe, Principal, Picture Butte High School;
- Resume summarizing training and experience relevant to this job posting;
- Copy of your most recent employment evaluation;
- Copy of your AHS issued QR code - COVID-19 Vaccination Record;
- Minimum of three professional references (separate attachment or added to resume).
The successful applicant hired will be required to provide a recent Criminal Record Check (completed within the past 3 months) including the vulnerable sector as a condition of employment.
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Mark Lowe, Principal, Picture Butte High School at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions regarding the application process should be directed to Marliss Norlin, Executive Assistant, Human Resource Services at email@example.com
We thank all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.