PRINCIPAL - CALGARY CHRISTIAN SECONDARY SCHOOL
Location: Calgary Christian Secondary School, Calgary
Competition #: 7356
Open To: Both internal and external candidates
Date Posted: January 30th, 2019
Closing Date: February 28th, 2019 - 2:00pm
Job Start Date: August 19th, 2019
Job End Date: June 26th, 2020
With its central office in the City of Lethbridge, Palliser is a unique public school division serving 8,100 students, ECS through Grade 12, in 51 schools, including 5 outreach programs, 2 alternative Low-German Mennonite programs, 11 alternative Faith based schools, 17 Hutterite colony schools and one on-line school. Ten of Palliser’s alternative faith based schools are located in the City of Calgary. The operating budget for the 2018-19 school year was approximately $97.4 M.
The Division takes pride in serving many diverse school communities across Southern Alberta. We believe diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Palliser is deeply committed to providing learning environments that are safe, caring, inclusive and responsive to the needs of our students.
Palliser Regional Schools invites applications for a 1.0 FTE full-time Probationary Principal at Calgary Christian Secondary School commencing August 19, 2019 to June 26, 2020. This assignment may be extended beyond the 2019/20 school year pending a successful evaluation.
Calgary Christian Secondary School is a Grade 7 through Grade 12 School serving approximately 350 students. The school is located in the southwest part of the City of Calgary. Calgary Christian Secondary School has a vibrant and dedicated school community committed to whole child development.
For more information about the school please visit the Calgary Christian School website at:
As a member of the Administrative Council, the successful candidate will be a highly motivated educator possessing the following characteristics:
- Demonstrated experience as a very successful teacher;
- Proven ability as an effective educational leader and school-based administrator;
- A collaborative, team-oriented leadership style and ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to foster a student-centered school through the development of positive relationships with students and staff, parents, society and other stakeholders;
- Well-developed interpersonal communication and organizational skills;
- Successful experience developing and extending community partnerships, and involving parents and the community in school programs, activities and services;
- Knowledge and experience regarding instructional leadership, including supervision and evaluation practices and methods;
- Familiarity with current trends, initiatives and directions relating to curriculum, technology, learning styles and student assessment; and
- Post-graduate training in the areas of administration, leadership or instruction is considered an asset. Minimum of Bachelor of Education Degree and valid teaching certificate are required.
To support the Faith-Based Vision of the school and the society, the Principal should possess the following assets:
- A commitment to Christian education and the ability to challenge staff and students to Christian learning and living;
- A commitment to be a practicing Christian with an active connection to a local church.
- An ability to lead in the establishment and maintenance of a wholesome, spiritual, emotional and professional atmosphere which characterizes the school as a Christian school;
- An ability to provide leadership for the advancement of Christian education by articulating an educational vision to the school staff, to the Society, and to the general Christian community;
- The ability to partner with the Calgary Christian School Society in upholding its Mission and Vision.
The Division: www.pallisersd.ab.ca
Interested candidates are asked to submit their documents through the “Human Resources” page of the Palliser Regional Schools website at:
The following attachments should accompany the online submission:
- Cover letter directed to Michael Nightingale, Deputy Superintendent, Human Services;
- Resume summarizing training and experience;
- Copy of your most recent evaluation;
- Minimum of four recent professional references;
- Pastoral Reference;
- Statement of Faith.
The successful applicant hired will be required to provide a recent Criminal Record Check (completed within the past 3 months) including the vulnerable sector as a condition of employment.
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found; however, applications received on or before 2:00 PM, February 26, 2019 are assured careful consideration.
Any questions regarding the application process should be directed to Marliss Norlin, Executive Assistant, Human Resource Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Central Office administration, principals and vice-principals