PRINCIPAL - JENNIE EMERY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Location: Jennie Emery Elementary School, Coaldale
Competition #: 7515
Open To: Both internal and external candidates
Date Posted: February 8th, 2019
Closing Date: February 27th, 2019 - 2:00pm
Job Start Date: August 19th, 2019
Job End Date: June 26th, 2020
With its central office in the City of Lethbridge, Palliser is a unique public school division serving 8,100 students, ECS through Grade 12, in 51 schools, including 5 outreach programs, 2 alternative Low-German Mennonite programs, 11 alternative Faith based schools, 17 Hutterite colony schools and one on-line school. Ten of Palliser’s alternative faith based schools are located in the City of Calgary. The operating budget for the 2018-19 school year was approximately $97.4 M.
The Division takes pride in serving many diverse school communities across Southern Alberta. We believe diversity is one of our greatest strengths. Palliser is deeply committed to providing learning environments that are safe, caring, inclusive and responsive to the needs of our students.
Palliser Regional Schools invites applications for a 1.0 FTE full-time Probationary Principal at Jennie Emery Elementary School commencing August 19, 2019 to June 26, 2020. This assignment may be extended beyond the 2019/20 school year pending a successful evaluation.
Jennie Emery Elementary School serves approximately 454 students from Grades K to 4 and is situated in the Town of Coaldale (population 9,000), which is located 11 km east of Lethbridge and is a friendly community committed to supporting its local schools.
For more information about the school please visit the Jennie Emery Elementary School website at:
As a member of the Administrative Council, the successful candidate will be a highly motivated educator possessing the following characteristics:
- Demonstrated experience as a very successful teacher;
- Proven ability as an effective educational leader and school-based administrator;
- A collaborative, team-oriented leadership style and ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to foster a student-centered school through the development of positive relationships with students and staff, parents, society and other stakeholders;
- Well-developed interpersonal communication and organizational skills;
- Successful experience developing and extending community partnerships, and involving parents and the community in school programs, activities and services;
- Knowledge and experience regarding instructional leadership, including supervision and evaluation practices and methods;
- Familiarity with current trends, initiatives and directions relating to curriculum, technology, learning styles and student assessment; and
- Post-graduate training in the areas of administration, leadership or instruction is considered an asset. Minimum of Bachelor of Education Degree and valid teaching certificate are required.
The Division: www.pallisersd.ab.ca
Interested candidates are asked to submit their documents through the “Human Resources” page of the Palliser Regional Schools website at:
The following attachments should accompany the online submission:
- Cover letter directed to Michael Nightingale, Deputy Superintendent, Human Resource Services;
- Resume summarizing training and experience;
- Copy of your most recent evaluation;
- Minimum of four recent professional references.
The successful applicant hired will be required to provide a recent Criminal Record Check (completed within the past 3 months) including the vulnerable sector as a condition of employment.
The competition will remain open until 2:00 PM, February 27, 2019.
Any questions regarding the application process should be directed to Marliss Norlin, Executive Assistant, Human Resource Services, at:
email@example.com or (403) 394-1288
We thank all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Central Office administration, principals and vice-principals