Palliser School Division believes that continuous school improvement and the success of our students rely on creating a culture of collaboration. We believe that wellness, numeracy and literacy are foundational to student success and wellbeing. To that end, Palliser School Division has established a Wellness, Literacy and Numeracy goal for the division.
Palliser students will become literate in mental health, gaining knowledge and understanding that will provide them confidence and support in their pursuit of living a healthy life.
- Students will feel connected through a focus on positive relationships.
- Students will be engaged in their learning related to wellness.
- Students and staff will use common language related to the dimensions of wellness, comprehensive school health and whole-school approaches throughout the division.
- Schools will implement strategies to reduce the stigma associated with mental health and improve mental well being.
- Palliser School Division will partner with community agencies to develop mental health literacy and destigmatize mental health.
- Palliser staff will create opportunities to share and celebrate mental health learning.
All Palliser students will engage in intentional and meaningful literacy learning across all aspects of daily living.
- Students will recognize various forms of language and literacy across subjects and contexts.
- Students will participate in engaging literacy learning that allows for student choice, authenticity, and shared literacy experiences.
- Schools will create opportunities for community partnerships that provide literacy support for students and families.
- Schools will implement a comprehensive whole-school approach to literacy.
- Palliser staff will create opportunities to share and celebrate literacy learning.
All Palliser students will engage in intentional and meaningful numeracy learning across all aspects of daily living.
- Students will recognize forms of numeracy across subjects and contexts.
- Schools will implement a comprehensive whole-school approach to numeracy.
- Palliser staff will create opportunities to celebrate numeracy within Palliser
- Palliser School Division will provide professional development opportunities to enhance and develop strategies to help staff and students in the teaching and learning of numeracy.