A records management program will be maintained to provide control over the quality and quantity of information produced by the school division from its creation until its disposal for legal, fiscal and historical purposes. Proper custody, storage and disposal of records shall comply with statutory requirements.
- The Executive Assistant to the Superintendent/Corporate Secretary shall have the responsibility for the administration of the division’s records management program.
- Records management covers a broad spectrum of records such as accounting, purchasing, corporate, insurance, personnel, property and student records.
- The records management program shall consist of a Subject File Classification Guide and a Record Retention and Disposition Schedule.
- The Record Retention and Disposition Schedule shall be consistent with federal and provincial legislation.
- Departments and schools shall be responsible for the filing and disposal of records in accordance with the record Retention and Disposition Schedule.
- Electronic records must conform in the same manner as hard copy records.