The division is committed to working cooperatively and proactively with community agencies and partnering government departments to ensure students and children have access to the services they need. Palliser School Division will work together with members of the community to meet the needs of students and children who are at risk or who have special needs, including but not limited to services for special health needs, emotional and/or behavioural needs. Our goal is to improve coordination of services for those children requiring additional supports to be successful at learning. Furthermore, the division will endeavor to help parents become aware of the community agencies and government departments available to provide supportive services for our students and their families.
- The principal shall refer to the Palliser School Division Student Services Handbook, Section 4, with regard to procedures for supporting students exhibiting at-risk behaviours. A first step may involve a comprehensive psycho-educational assessment.
- The principal shall access special health services according to the procedures established by the Chinook Country and Headwaters Student Health Partnerships.
- The following administrative procedures shall be applied, where applicable, with regard to students at risk for learning problems, behavioural challenges or special needs:
- Administrative Procedure 213 – Special Education
- Administrative Procedure 317 – Threat Assessment Protocol
- Administrative Procedure 330 – Student Attendance
- Administrative Procedure 351 – Student Discipline and Suspension
- If interventions at the school level do not resolve the problem and the principal recommends expulsion of the student, the principal shall refer the recommendation to the Student Review Committee through the Superintendent. In such cases, Policy 8 – Appeals and Hearings Regarding Student Matters shall apply.
Administrative Procedure 213 – Inclusive Education
Administrative Procedure 317 – Threat Assessment Protocol
Administrative Procedure 330 – Student Attendance
Administrative Procedure 351 – Student Discipline and Suspension
Policy 8 – Appeals and Hearings Regarding Student Matters