Top 10 reasons to join Team Palliser
1. Every day, you will have the opportunity to positively influence the future of our communities and society by supporting students to be the best they can be, through what you teach them, how you greet them, and how you show that you care.
2. Your success is our success. We will support your success through a range of programs of professional development, support for wellness, and caring for your individual needs.
3. Our three-year teacher induction and mentorship program provides new teaching professionals access to experience and expertise from colleagues in their schools and around the division.
4. We recognize that everyone in Palliser, whether teachers or support staff, play an important part in student success, directly or indirectly, whether you keep our schools clean and safe, drive a bus, work in the office or provide other support services. You help students feel safe, welcome and supported in our schools..
5. We want you to grow with us. For teachers, we offer a lead teacher cohort program to introduce aspects of school leadership to those who show an interest and inclination.
6. We believe we are better together, and we devote four division-wide professional development days to give our teachers opportunity to collaborate with colleagues from other schools in our division. We will bring a team of experts to your school to help you with a single student.
7. Our professional development opportunities include programs led by Palliser team members who are certified on a range of programs including:
- Supporting Individuals through Valued Attachments (SIVA), a safety and communication program for those who work with students with emotional and behavioural challenges;
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, a leadership program for work and life;
- Violence Threat Risk Assessment (VTRA), a risk assessment and crisis response program; and
- S-endorsement, a defensive driving program required of bus drivers;
8. Our central services include access to experts in literacy, technology integration, behaviour management and inclusive education strategies available to support our classroom teachers and staff.
9. Our division offers a wide range of work environments and opportunities. Our staff work in rural and urban schools, in Christian or Muslim faith-based programs, on Hutterite colonies, in small schools and large ones. Diversity is our strength.
10. We have a highly competitive benefits package completely paid for by the Board. Health and vision care benefits are provided through the Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan (ASEBP) and pension benefits for qualifying staff are through the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP). Our teachers have access to transition to retirement benefits as well as the full range of professional development as outlined in Palliser’s collective agreement with the Alberta Teachers’ Association.
• • •
For more information about the many benefits of joining the Palliser team, please contact the Human Resources department in Lethbridge at 403-394-1288 or toll-free at 1-877-667-1234.
For information about substitute teaching or casual support staff opportunities in Palliser, please contact our Calgary office at 403-291-0584 or toll-free at 1-844-291-0584.
If contacting Human Resources by fax, please use 403-327-9426.