Brant Christian School
Grades: K-12; Students in Grades 1-8 attend split classes (1/2, 3/4, 5/6 & 7/8). An ECS program runs 1/2 time, twice per week. Grades 9-12 are stand-alone classes and all core subjects and many options classes are teacher-taught.
Brant, AB T0L 0L0
Brant Christian School Society
Brant Christian School operates under the umbrella of Palliser Regional Schools and the parents or guardians of the children in the school are the voting membership of this Society. Individuals supportive of Christian Education can join the Society as Associate Members. The Principal of the School serves on the School Board in an advisory capacity. The Society Board Members are selected from the Voting Members of the Society in a meeting called for this purpose, or may be appointed by the board to fill vacancies that may arise.
The Certified Teachers who make up the staff of Brant Christian School are highly committed to the concept of Christian Education and are members in good standing of a local evangelical church.
School Education Plan
Click here for our school goals.
As a part of the Palliser Regional School Division, it is our desire to provide each student with excellent Christian education. The goal of our school is that each student will develop a meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ and be able to discover and utilize the unique gifts that God has given them. Our desire is to train and equip our students so that they can grow to be effective ambassadors in our churches and communities.
"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:31
“Brant Christian School is a unique learning environment committed to academic excellence from a Biblical worldview, assisting parents and the church in preparing graduates of integrity and godliness; ambassadors for Christ and His Kingdom.”
In order for a Christian Education Program to be academically sound and instructionally effective, it must be founded upon Christian Educational Principles that recognize the true nature of God, truth, knowledge, and of man.
- Reality - God is the personal and purposeful Creator, the Guiding Force of the universe. Reality in life involves the understanding that God is real and is active in the lives of men and women and the whole universe today.
- Truth - All truth is God's Truth. Truth is consistent throughout the universe. Truth exists and is an absolute. God has shown Himself through His Scriptures; man's understanding of truth comes through a study of the inspired Word of God and an understanding of His creation.
- Absolutes - Christian Education offers absolutes, not selected or transient opinions. The Bible contains the absolutes, which are fixed reference points for all questions, origins, destinies, values, and meaning.
- Knowledge - All knowledge must be put in the context of Biblical truth. Any knowledge or personal conviction, which serves as a guiding principal in an individual's life, must be based on truth as revealed in God's inspired Word and His original creation.
- Unity - Facts do not exist in isolation; they exist in relation to other facts. Christian education creates meaning by teaching facts in the context of Biblical truth. Christian education acknowledges Jesus Christ as the focus of ALL knowledge since in Him all things hold together and have their purpose. This means that knowing His viewpoint gives order and meaning to all areas of study.
- Sufficiency - Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life" and that "to know Him is to know eternal life". Christian education prepares us for life and eternity. People are eternal beings and their ultimate destiny will be determined by their confession, or lack thereof, of Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
- Mankind - Mankind was created in the image and likeness of God, by God, though our ability to reflect God has been marred by sin. Individuals exist for the service, worship and pleasure of God.
- Christian Education - We affirm these basic truths:
- Man does possess a spiritual dimension.
- Education involves the total being: spiritual, intellectual, physical, and social aspects of man, that is, the "whole man".
- Each person possesses unique individual potential traits and needs.
- The educational experience must include a primary emphasis on the development of Christian beliefs, attitudes, character and skills.
- An integration of Biblical truth will be an inseparable primary part of the total educational process. Christian concepts will be unifed with, inseparable from, and central to the academic program.
- Youth need a consistent influence while preparing to live in a complex society. Only the Bible has the answers to man's needs and longings, and therefore will serve as our final authority on all questions.
- Skill Development - All students, regardless of ability, should have the opportunity to develop skills in order to take meaningful roles in their community. Skill development enables students to realize their individual potential for service to others. Preparation for success in post-secondary education is vital because skills will often need to be developed through further education.
- Christian Community - Community standards for staff and students participating in the alternative program at Brant Christian School will be modelled, and based on the clear teachings of the Bible.
Click here for our Statement of Faith.
Programs & Services
See a description here.