Carmangay Outreach School
Carmangay, Alberta T0L0N0
Administrative Assistant: Erin Harrington
- Blake Wheler- grade 8/9 math and science, grade 9 social studies, shop class, junior high option classes
- Sherin Mohammad- grade 7 and 8 humanities, junior high health and option classes
- Kirsty Hansen- Senior High Lead Teacher, grade 9 ELA
Learning Support Teacher: Christine Johnson
Welcome to Carmangay Outreach School! We serve Low-German Mennonite students who live in Carmangay and surrounding communities. Our students range from grades 7-12. We run regular classes for our 7-9 students and are always willing to work with students who take time off to travel with their families. Our senior high students are mostly outreach and work through Alberta Distance Learning materials. We offer physical education, shop, and other CTS classes for our senior high students.
- Our day is set up as follows:
- School begins: 8:37am
- Lunch: 11:50-12:30
- School ends: 3:15pm
Strive to be better than you were yesterday.
Carmangay Outreach School is working towards increasingly becoming respectful, responsible, contributing and successful Canadian citizens. We use the four pillars of the FISH philosophy (Be There, Make Their Day, Choose Your Attitude, and Play) to help in building these necessary skills, knowledge and behavior.
Our school has adopted the FISH Philosophy this year, as we believe it will help students develop the skills and attitudes to help them be successful in their future careers. The FISH philosophy says:
1) Be there- be present when you are in a conversation with another individual; look people in the eyes, ask questions, and paraphrase.
2) Choose your attitude- choose an attitude that will help you achieve your goals and get necessary assignments and work done.
3) Make their day- do kind things for others
4) Play- have fun at everything you do
We believe that all students can learn and our staff does their best to help students achieve success while at school.