Palliser School Division is excited to begin the naming process for the replacement school in Coaldale! We would like to draw on the wisdom and creativity of the community to find the best name for the school.
The new school is being built In order to accommodate the changing educational needs of the community. This plan also includes a grade reconfiguration.
- Jennie Emery will now serve Kindergarten to grade 3
- R.I. Baker, grades 4 to 6
- Replacement school, grades 7 to 12
While the Board of Trustees will make the final decision, the Division welcomes thoughts and ideas from staff, students, families, and residents of Coaldale. Please keep in mind our Division procedure precludes naming schools after people. Palliser School Division school should be named:
- For the districts in which they are located; or
- For locations or events that show great Canadian historical significance;
- For the landmarks, geographic history, and natural world around the school
- To provide meaningful learning opportunities and inspiration for students
- With community, district, provincial, Canadian, or international significance
The name 'Kate Andrews' will remain with the current building, which will continue to operate as an educational facility. The Division will also rely on the guidance of a naming committee, selected by the Superintendent, per the administrative procedure. Only names that meet the administrative procedure guidelines will be considered.
More information regarding our naming procedure can be found here: Administrative Procedure for Naming Schools
Please create an account and share your thoughts on our public engagement site:
Leave a comment