Education Plan 2021-2022
The Alberta government has a system for schools and school authorities to consistently assess progress and demonstrate success called the Assurance Framework. The framework has 5 assurance areas with related performance measures that enable schools and school authorities to show their communities how they are performing each year. Schools and school authorities share their results with their stakeholders through their Annual Education Results Report (AERR) and engage with them to set priorities and build their education plan.
This approach helps the province, school authorities and schools track successes and continuously improve the quality of education for students and supports a transparent, accountable and responsive education system.
School authority planning and results reporting is a continuous improvement cycle that involves:
- Developing plans based on results from provincial and local measures, contextual information and provincial direction
- Incorporating stakeholder input based on engagement at various points throughout the process
- Preparing budgets that allocate resources to achieve priorities and meet responsibilities
- Implementing research and practice-informed strategies to improve performance
- Monitoring implementation and adjusting efforts as needed
- Measuring, analyzing and reporting results
- Using results to identify areas for improvement and to develop strategies for the next plan
- Communicating and engaging with stakeholders about school authority plans and results
School authority education plans identify priorities, outcomes, measures, and strategies to improve in key areas while the AERR provides the results achieved from implementing the plan.
Palliser Regional Schools maintains its exceptional results through a focus on literacy, assessment for learning, teacher collaboration and professional development, and strong instructional leadership in our schools.
Fundamental to student learning is the provision of caring learning environments in which students feel safe.